Hello everyone! Today we’re here for: not exactly a bookish talk. I wasn’t really tagged by anyone but I’ve seen this tag on many blogs before and I thought that it might be a good way to introduce myself without “overthinking” it. I had some blogs before and I would always start with this post where I would introduce myself. Each day I kept checking it out and then, when I thought that it wasn’t good enough, I’d delete the blog (yes, the blog, not the post). I never knew what to say and with what to start because my mind goes blank so when I saw this, all I could think was “This is perfect!”. Oh, and none of the pictures (icons, GIFs) are mine on this post.
- Name: Imane.
- Nicknames: Mimi, which happens to be the nickname of my little sister and that’s very common so nothing really special. I’ve also been called Vegeta’s eyebrows because, well, I have Vegeta’s eyebrows
- Birthday: December 28.
- Star Sign: Capricorn.
- Occupation: Full-time medical student, part-time reader (if you didn’t already know haha).
- Hair Colour: Dark brown.
- Hair Length: When curly or when straight? Mid-back when curly and at the small of my back when straight. It hasn’t been straight in a long time though! (that picture was two years ago) When I was a little girl though, I’ve never had long hair. In all of my pictures from kindergarten to middle school I always had a pixie.
- Eye Colour: Dark brown.
- Best Feature: Perhaps my hands and feet, lol. Oh and my eyes, that’s what I usually get compliments about, so…
- Braces: I had them and I was very bad at it. Like, the worst. Always missing appointments and eating loads of apples. :p
- Piercings: Two, one in each ear if those count.
- Tattoos: None.
- Right or Left: Right.
- Real holiday: What’s exactly a real holiday? The first I remember was when we went to Tiznit, in the south of Morocco and I got stuck in the bathroom at the hotel very early in the morning and when my parents woke up and they didn’t find me, they freaked out. My real out-of-the-norm (because we were only two and not the whole family as usual) holiday though would be summer holiday of 2015. Lisbon (Portugal) => Ghent (Belgium) => Brussels (Belgium)
- Best friend: A boy and a girl named Youness and Fadela respectively. I met them both in 1st grade and then we got separated when I changed schools after elementary school.
- Award: I think it was something during elementary school for being in the top 3 in class.
- Sport: Oh, man! Please motivate me to get active? This is a cry for help. I’m a couch potato.
- Concert: Never been to a concert mostly because I don’t like crowds and I don’t think I can have a concert for myself. Oh wait, there’s iTunes! (lame, i know)
- Film: One? Okay, perhaps The Shawshank Redemption which is probably one of the very few movies I watched twice. And I know, I didn’t even include it on my list of favorite movies but OF COURSE, I had to forget loads of other movies and besides, it can’t be just 10. And if I can add just one I’d say Pierrot Le Fou and, well, maybe the entire list I posted. If you haven’t seen it, it’s right here.
- TV Show: FRIENDS! There are many great tv shows though. In fact, I’m currently watching more than 30 of them so I probably like more than just one but Friends got me through some dark times which is why it’s very special to me.
- Colour: Blue!
- Song: Mariage d’Amour by Paul de Senneville. I’m still trying to find a song that can move me as much as this one does. :’)
- Restaurant: I’m not sure you’d recognize the names of these restaurants but I’ve been trying to find new places a bit everywhere in my city and it led me to Blend Gourmet Burger and Tula Comida Latina.
- Shop: I don’t really go shopping very much (I hate it) so I mostly order stuff online unless I’m reaaaally in the mood for it, then I’d say Livremoi which is a bookshop, probably the nicest and
only decentone in Casablanca. Not much choice you see…
- Books: Harry Potter series, where my obsession about books started.
- Shoes: Strappy heeled sandls, they just look sooooo nice! Oh, and no platforms. Of course, I don’t wear them at all times because our streets look like Swiss cheese with all those holes and as much as I’d like for my feet to be pretty, I don’t wanna fall every two minutes and have everyone’s eyes on me, argh. 😦
Feeling: Excited, I just got some books today and I can’t wait to read them!! ❤
Single or Taken: Quite serious relationship with my book boyfriends. And they’re REAL.
Thinking about: I should be eating something…
Watching: Nothing but I’m about to watch the last episode of Sherlock.
- Want children: Yes.
- Want to be married: Yes.
- Careers in mind: An MD? I really haven’t thought about the specialty haha Maybe Emergency Medicine or ObGYN? I have no idea.
- Where you want to live: If we’re talking about the country, then: Morocco! If it’s about the house then any reasonable place with a reading room.
- God: Yes!
- Miracles: Yes.
- Love at first sight: Not really.
- Ghosts: Yes.
- Aliens: No.
- Soul Mates: It could be possible but I’m not sure.
- Heaven: Yes.
- Hell: Yes.
- Kissing on the first date: Nope!
- Yourself: There are times where I don’t.
I hope you didn’t get too bored and I hope some answers weren’t very lengthy so thank you for tagging along. And so I tag:
- Adri @ Adri the Bookworm
- Jamie @ Always Booked
- Krysti @ YA and Wine
- Erin @ Her Big Mouth
- Debby @ Always Booking
- Britt @ Geronimo Reads
- Kayla @ KdrewkTheBookworm
I’m sorry if you’ve already done it and of course, feel free to ignore it if you aren’t interested. If anyone else wants to do it, please go ahead because I’m looking forward to getting to know more about you!
That would be it and I’ll see you next time! Don’t hesitate to share something about yourself in the comments. What do you think about love at first sight? What’s your favorite song or color?
You can also find me here, where it looks like a bird chose Goodreads over Instagram, attaboy: