I would like to thank Mandy @Book Princess Reviews for nominating me for this award. They’re always so fun to do so I’m very grateful and make sure to check out her blog! This award was created by Okoto Enigma @Okoto Enigma’s Blog who has a lifestyle blog and is also a writer.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
THREE THINGS ABOUT MYSELF:
- I wasn’t “born” a reader. Now I know no one technically was born a reader but what I meant was that I only started reading three/four years ago and my main goal at that time was only to expand my English vocabulary since I am obsessed with languages. I had no real interest in literature but heeere we are! It’s for that reason that I don’t have a massive library but I’m working on it! :p
- I really don’t like Avocados. And dates. Like all that rave about guacamole and stuff, I can’t understand it and when I see a cookie made out of dates, I just can’t. Is it really that tasty?
- I’m obsessed with cats. Sadly I can’t have my own since I still live at my parents’ and my sisters are all allergic. But if you ever see a 20 year old running after a cat and harrassing him with food, there’s a great chance that’s me. I have more cat friends than real friends.
Now, let’s answer Mandy’s questions! ❤
What was your least favorite book as a kid? Do you remember?
Well, I wasn’t a big reader as a kid but I do remember being given 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea and not being capable of reading it when I was like like 9 years old. The reason why I gave up on it would probably be the amount of difficult words. Now I don’t mind them as much as I did. I used to have an obsession about having to understand every single word.
What is the last song that made you feel something big – sad, happy, etc?
Okay, the answer to this question is going to be a bit longer because I have a story-of-my-life bit to share with you. Now I rarely listen to arabic songs but there’s this song that we listened to while in Kindergarten about the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. I think there was an event and we all sang the song and there was this video they played behind us while we were singing that always got to me because it had the footage of the Muhammad al-Durrah incident (which wasn’t an incident but a murder, clearly) included that happened during the second intifada. Years and years passed and the song still played in my head. Unfortunately I didn’t know the exact lyrics anymore so whenever I googled them, nothing came out and even when I tried to ask people who are like “professionals” in finding arabic titles, they wouldn’t know. So I never knew the title until like a month ago where I heard it on TV, googled the chorus and found the song after 17 years. I think I cried for a few hours whenever I listened to it for that first week and it’s the only arabic song I have in my phone. It’s called Ajyal Wara Ajyal (Generation After Generation).
What is your favorite Disney character AND/OR Princess (*please be a Princess ;)*) and why?
Funny story: I didn’t grow up watching Disney movies which basically means I never watched a Disney movie besides Snow White as a kid. I never found Snow White really special and so I thought it enough to just know what the other Princess stories were about without watching them. For now I have only watched Frozen, Inside Out, Moana and Beauty and The Beast. The last two are the ones that most affected me (Beauty and the Beast being the one that crazily affected me). And so for this question I’d pick: Belle and Moana.
What book types are your guilty pleasure?
Books with villains who win or books with sad and tragic endings. Does that make me a horrible person? I just can’t help it!
Would you ever run for president/prime minister/leader of your country?
I do wish I understood more politics but I literally know next to nothing when it comes to it. I have watched most of Trump’s debates though and that’s because it felt more like Reality TV/something goofy to watch but of course I learned nothing about politics because it’s not like Trump knows any more than me. He thought being President (of the USA nonetheless) was easy and was surprised by the amount of work that was involved. Aaaanyways, the answer is no. Besides, I’m too shy.
And now here are my questions:
- What is your top travel destination and have you ever read a book set in it?
- What’s the last book that did you wrong and that let you down or that you DNFed?
- What’s the best superpower you came across in a book?
- Aside from reading, what do you like to do in your free time?
- Could you describe your current read using emojis?
As always, if you’ve done this tag before or just don’t feel like doing it, it’s okay, no pressure! I’m looking forward to reading all of your answers and so I tag:
Rachel @Pace, Amore, Libri / Laura @Snazzy Books / Kyleigh @Coffeehouse Chatter / Grace @Grace Gets Books / Jasmine @Life of A Simple Reader / Joanne @In Case of Bookishness / Liliana @Liliana N Bookish / Jessica @Loony For Books / Shayha @Shayha’s Book Reviews / Marta @The Book Mermaid /
That’s it until next time! See you soon! ❤